on the results of the 1st International Conference on Information Security "Infoforum-Ugra"
The 1st International Conference on Information Security “Infoforum-Ugra” with the participation of the BRICS, SCO, CSTO and other countries was held on June 7, 2017. The conference was organized within the framework of the IX International IT Forum in Khanty-Mansiysk.
Representatives of Armenia, Belarus, Brazil, Vietnam, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Russian Federation, South Africa took part in the International Conference.
Participants of the 1st International Conference on Information Security with the participation of the BRICS, SCO, CSTO and other states in Khanty-Mansiysk note:
Today, information security has become an international problem affecting the functioning of public administration, military, industry, transport, communications, medical services, education, life support of cities and the private life of all inhabitants on Planet Earth.
A particularly telling warning about the need to strengthen national and international measures of cooperation in the field of information security has become clear after one of the largest cyberattacks in the history of mankind, which the world experienced in May 2017. Simultaneously, more than 70 countries in Europe, Asia, America and Australia were subjected to a massive attack of criminals, tens of thousands of computers around the world were infected (including hospitals, railways, government agencies, telecommunications companies, banks, users).
The most important factor of constantly expanding attention to the problems of information security is the development of risks and threats in the information field with the introduction of the digital economy, high technologies, electronic services in all spheres of everyday life of citizens. Especially noticeable is the risk to the population due to the wide spread of the Internet, social networks, the widespread use of mobile devices. The interests of millions of users of information and communication technologies are under threat.
A major threat for citizens of all countries today are the problems of sprawling terrorist threats. It is the introduction of modern information technologies that meet the current security requirements, is the basis for confronting international terrorism.
The attention of specialists of all countries today is focused on the current topic of protecting the critical information infrastructure, which includes enterprises of energy, industry, transport, finance and a number of other fields.
In this situation, attempts by individual politicians and mass media to try to use the facts of unrecognized computer incidents to shift guilt to specific countries, for example, Russia or China, which themselves are objects of massive attacks, are biased. Increasingly, this resembles a dangerous political game that introduces an element of destabilization into the international situation. However, given the global nature of threats to information security, the use of such accusatory rhetoric should be replaced by a permanent international dialogue based on jointly developed principles of behavior in the global information space with the participation of experts from all interested countries.
In such situation, the holding of the 1st International Conference on Information Security with the participation of the BRICS, SCO, CSTO and other countries in Khanty-Mansiysk was a timely and in-demand event.
During the plenary session of the 1st International Conference on Information Security “Infoforum-Ugra” - "International Cooperation in the Field of Information Security: Initiatives of the State, Society and Business", the following issues were considered:
1. Global challenges and the main problems in the field of information security.
2. Issues of international information security in the format of BRICS, SCO, CSTO.
3. Security problems of critical information infrastructure in modern conditions.
4. Information security of advanced technologies. Trends-2017.
5. Information security in the financial industry: the evolution of threats. The role of regulation and standards.
Participants of the conference propose:
1. The danger of modern information security risks and their transboundary nature requires the intensification of international cooperation in this field, the creation of a variety of permanent mechanisms to harmonize common information security measures with the participation of specialists from all countries. The existing groups, commissions and other structures on this topic, operating both in international organizations and in the national format, require constant coordination, the exchange of ideas in order to develop common principles and standards of work.
In this regard, we believe that it is expedient to continue the practice of holding annual International Information Security Conferences with the participation of the BRICS, SCO, CSTO and other countries on the basis of the results of the 1st International Conference "Infoforum-Ugra".
In order to make this activity permanent and planned, to form the Ugra International Expert Club (Council) on problems in the field of information security – “Ugra Cyber Security Business Council”.
To invite to participate in the "Ugra Cyber Security Business Council" experts from the BRICS, SCO, CSTO (and other countries interested in developing international cooperation), who participated in the 1st International Conference on Information Security.
In order to monitor new challenges and threats in the field of information security and information exchange, create the necessary resources in the Internet and conduct a permanent discussion of new problems and solutions in this area in both Russian and English.
2. A key condition for effective information security in all countries concerned is the constant information work through television, radio, the Internet and print media in order to increase the level of knowledge of the population, develop information literacy, and disseminate information about new risks and threats in everyday life.
In this regard, one of the activities of the "Ugra Cyber Security Business Council" can be the formation of an international group of speakers and the preparation of operational information to provide timely comments on developments in the media field through the media.
Proposals on the organization of the activities of the “Ugra Cyber Security Business Council” should be entrusted to the National Information Security Forum “Infoforum” in cooperation with other interested organizations. To inform all participants of the 1st International Conference on Information Security “Infoforum-Uugra” about this.
3. Participants of the 1st International Conference on Information Security “Infoforum-Ugra” express their gratitude to the Governor and the Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug for their support in organizing and holding a high-level professional conference, as well as to the heads of international organizations, participants of the conference for the high level of attention to the problems of international information security and the need for international cooperation in the format of an in-depth dialogue of experts from all over the world.